The following are some illustrative examples of projects undertaken by our consultants:
Global Facilities Management Outsourcing for a ‘major pharmaceutical company’
ITP Law played a central role in supporting a 12 month, £1bn facilities management outsourcing project from initial selection to conclusion, working with the client project team and in conjunction with a major global law firm. Activities included:
- actively participating in bidder presentations
- legal project management of three parallel negotiations
- contract document version control and communication
- negotiating master agreements
- interfacing with project team, internal legal, external legal, external consultants, finance, HR, IT, PMO, senior management
The deal was awarded the 2010 European Outsourcing Association award for multi-source deal of the year.
Virtual In-House Services for a ‘major market data provider’
ITP Law provided a range of consulting support and professional advice to the client’s legal and executive teams, across a broad range of matters relevant to their business, including:
- market data service agreements
- licensing arrangements
- consultancy agreements
- service provision agreements
- software development agreements.
Global Services Contract Roll-Out for a ‘FTSE 100 company’
Our consultant acted as global contract lead over a 12 month period in the ‘rolling-out’ of a high value master services agreement across countries worldwide. Activities included:
- Project managing LEA negotiations across over 50 countries
- Managing the interface with relevant local lawyers
- Escalating issues to senior management
- Ensuring the master agreed position was reflected in each enabling agreement
- Supporting and documenting complex change control.
Transformational IT Infrastructure Project for an ‘Australasian high street bank’
ITP Law was engaged by the CIO, and, in conjunction with a banking software expert, played a lead role on an Australasian high street bank’s project to replace its core banking platform. Activities included:
- interfacing with the CIO, General Counsel, project team, senior management, procurement, in-house legal function and external legal advisors
- supporting requirement scoping, business case creation, bid evaluation, and both internal and external communication and negotiation
- drafting and issuing the RFP document
- summarising and communicating decisions points to the CEO and executive team
- drafting the model agreement issued with the RFP
- leading negotiations with the winning consultancy and software provider (both major international organisations)
Outdoor Advertising Deal for a ‘start-up media company’
ITP Law’s consultant led negotiations for a joint venture relationship relating to the provision of high tech advertising space in a large commercial airport and a major European railway tunnel. Activities included:
- Drafting and negotiating legal, commercial and technical documentation on tight deadlines.
- Leading negotiation meetings at the customer site.
- Interfacing with technical teams to align a parallel equipment validation process.
- Escalating problem issues for resolution with senior management.
Network Services RFP Process for a ‘medical health and travel insurance company’
ITP Law’s consultant was engaged by the CIO to project manage a complete RFP process for WAN, telephony and mobile services on behalf of New Zealand’s largest provider of private healthcare. Activities included:
- leading contract negotiations with Vodafone NZ and TelstraClear
- managing the bidders and acting as a single point of contact throughout
- supporting requirements definition
- creating and issuing the RFP
- drafting the model services agreement
- liaising with senior management, existing external IT service providers, in-house legal, and internal interest groups
Software Development Negotiations for ‘financial services company’
We were engaged by the CFO to document and negotiate deals for three related pieces of software development. Activities included:
- commenting on and negotiating standard supplier terms and conditions
- creating model terms for bespoke development
- facilitating production of technical and commercial schedules, including clear scope of work
- defining clear payment milestones, and establishing project management approaches to drive correct behaviours.
Software and Website Development for an ‘online design agency’
We were engaged by the client management team to draft and negotiate development arrangements for their key software platform, and to create e-commerce website terms of business. We also provided strategic advice with regard to their business model and the operational structure of website, coordinated their selection process for web hosting arrangements and negotiated their key supplier agreements.
VC Fundraising for an ‘outdoor media company’
We assisted an existing client with its selection of a law firm – identifying potential candidates, issuing a requirements document, presenting decision points, and coordinating face-to-face meetings, before running a competitive bid process for the client to make a final selection, during which process we obtained a 25% saving for our client.
We then project managed the winning firm through a VC fundraising transaction to ensure costs and deliverables were aligned to the client’s requirements.
Contract Audit for a ‘FTSE100 company’
ITP Law conducted an audit of 300 supplier contracts during the initial phase of a global outsourcing deal, and assisted in the process of identifying points of risk and priority in managing transition to new providers at the end of the process
Virtual In-House Services for a ‘merchant bank’
Our consultant supported the internal legal function at the London office of an international bank on a number of IT sourcing projects (including negotiations for a storage area network, use of an online competitive tendering process, and a software licence audit review)
Network Services Negotiation for a ‘specialist law firm’
Our consultant provided additional resource to a specialist New Zealand law firm, in the negotiation with major international providers for the establishment and operation of a high speed in-country data network.
Virtual In-House Services for a ‘software company’
ITP Law’s consultant supported the CEO and COO at a major New Zealand software company in its negotiations with a number of large US and Australian customers.
Virtual In-House Services for a ‘technology company’
Our consultant supported the CEO and COO at a start-up technology media company providing solutions to the Louis Vuitton and Americas Cup.
Virtual In-House Services for an ‘advertising agency’
Our consultant supported the CEO at a London advertising agency on a range of commercial projects.